Today we will learn about AI-enabled search service. With power of AI, it helps you to identify and explore relevant content. Let’s us understand it in detail.
What is this? : It is an intelligent search application without writing a single piece of code for data in the cloud. It is a fully managed “Search as a Service”. It provides a rich user experience.
When to use it?: You have heterogeneous data or raw data or index unstructured text or linguistic search as it uses Cognitive skills into it.
How to use?: Load data, add cognitive skills, create index and search, that’s it and you will see magic. No development skill is required.
Current DB Support: Currently It supports SQL DB, Blob storage, and cosmos DB. It is still evolving so you see more data support in the coming months.
I had prepared a demo app for my students and this is how the link look like https://sagardemo1.z13.web.core.windows.net/.
Below is just screenshot of it. If you want check practical, you can visit my YouTube link – Azure Lecture 5: Azure Cognitive Search Service. When you prepare the links by yourself, you will get better understanding how AI works.
A set of machine learning algorithms that Microsoft has developed to solve problems in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI). The goal of Cognitive Services is to democratize AI by packaging it into discrete components that are easy for developers to use in their own apps
Th available Cognitive skills contain in the Azure Cognitive service
- Auto-suggest – Populate your searches drop-down with suggested queries others have searched for with Bing
- Computer Vision – Analyze images
- Content Moderator – Check text, image or videos for offensive or undesirable content
- Custom Search – Specify domains and webpages you care about searching with Bing
- Entity Search – Get information about detected people, places, media titles and more in search queries with Bing
- Face – Recognize people and their attributes in an image
- Language Understanding – Extract meaning from natural language
- Speech – Transform speech-to-text, text-to-speech and recognize speakers
- Spell Check – Perform contextual grammar and spell checking with Bing
- Text Analytics – Detect sentiment, key phrases, entities and human language type in text
- Translator Text – Translate text in near real-time
- Video Indexer – Analyze video and audio
- Web Search – Integrate Bing’s search capabilities in your applications